Specialized Men's Stumpjumper Expert 29 Satin / Rocket Red / Black M - 2019
- BPC Product ID: BPCK106894
- UPC ID: 888818405664
- Manufacturer ID: 93318-3903
Ever had a ride that felt more like an experience than just a ride? Us, too, and we've been chasing that feeling ever since. With the Stumpjumper Expert 29, we've bottled up that feeling and put into a radical new frame design that's so in-tune with the trail, the bike feels like an extension of your body. Seriously, it's going to make you rethink how a trail bike should ride.
Our design goal for the new Stumpjumper was simplebuild the ultimate trail bike, one that feels telepathic. And it turns out that this feeling all comes down to stiffness. Think of it this way: when the frame's telling your hands one thing and your feet another, your brain gets confused with the imbalance and the bike feels unstable. In order to fix this, we had to get to work on dialing-in the materials, shapes, and the layout.
We started by creating our own mountain-specific stiffness test, and then we looked at the layout with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) to see where we could get the biggest stiffness improvements. This led to a big discovery: The Large and X-Large frames needed more front-end stiffness while the Smalls and Mediums were just fine. We were able to create a frame design that was 20% more efficient. And in the end, this proved to be one of the lightest trail frames on the market, today.
When designing the frame with the stiffness targets being a main goal, we developed a radical new sidearm design. The front-end and rear-end are connected at three points, and the sidearm helps keep all these points super stiff and connected, all while taking about 100 grams out of the rear-end. More explicitly, this minimizes frame flex when the rear suspension is active.
We continued down the suspension path with a custom Rx Trail Tune on both the fork and rear shock. Suspension performance is highly dependent on frame, wheel, and rider size, so we use our Rx Tune to get each bike to land in the middle of the adjustment spectrum, and this gives you the bi
- The Stumpjumper's asymmetrical, FACT 11m carbon fiber construction is lightweight, stiff, and ready to take on the trail. It's built off our 29 Trail Geometry, so it's just the right amount of both capable and comfortable. And with SWAT" integration in the down tube, a threaded BB, easy cable routing, and an all new chain silencer, it's ready for anything the trail, or you, throw at it.
- With three different compression adjustmentsopen/pedal/lockincredible damping performance, and our Rx Trail Tune, the RockShox Deluxe RT3 perfectly complements the Stumpjumper.
- RockShox's Pike is known for its trail performance, and the RC found here has stiff stanchions, a Charger damper, and plenty of sensitivity.
|Color||Satin / Rocket Red / Black|