Lennard Zinn explains and demonstrates how to maintain and repair the different components of a mountain bike. Lists basic tools and equipment and how to select the size of a built-up bicycle from body measurements.
- Components covered include chains, derailleurs, shifters, wheels, brakes, cranks, bottom brackets, pedals, saddles, seatposts, suspension systems, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks, and frames
- Describes and rates every repair and counsels the novice bike mechanic how to decide whether or not to take the bike to a bike shop for professional attention
- Explains emergency on-trail repair tricks
- Extensive line drawings show how parts fit together and illustrate the tools required for every type of bike
- Completely revised and updated to include the most recent information on state-of-the-art mountain bike components